Slovakia National Day
Michael R. Pompeo, Secretary of State
August 28, 2019
On behalf of the United States, I would like to extend my congratulations and warmest wishes to the government and people of Slovakia as you mark the 75th anniversary of the Slovak National Uprising and celebrate your Constitution Day.
These two anniversaries demonstrate the longstanding commitment of the Slovak people to the cause of freedom and highlight your nation’s sacrifices in the fight for democracy. During my visit to Bratislava earlier this year, I saw firsthand the dramatic progress Slovakia has made over the last 26 years, and I am proud that our countries are friends, partners, and Allies.
The United States and Slovakia are bound by a strong commitment to democratic values, a close security partnership, and extensive business, cultural, and people-to-people ties. I look forward to seeing these bonds grow stronger in the years to come.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)